Notes from the future : This is how I started out, nearly 20 years ago. It did work (for a few races). I wouldn’t recommend this approach now (I didn’t even fit a new clutch :/ ), but it’s all content from my old site and hopefully as I archive it all here someone will learn something from it…
The bit that makes it go.
To be perfectly honest, apart from the UJ’s on the output flanges from the diff. I haven’t changed a thing here. Yet.
This is largely because I had the UJ’s on the prop shaft changed about a year ago, and they seem OK, with no play etc. And I’m hoping that all the other changes I’ve made to the suspension etc. will cure the slight vibration I was experiencing before I took the car off the road.
If this is not the case then I’ll look into things a bit more closely, but at the moment (as I keep saying) I want to get the car back on the road.
It is for this reason that I’m leaving the clutch and gear box alone as well, although while I’ve got the interior all stripped out, it would be churlish not to change the gear box oil, change the clutch fluid and put some new gearbox mountings on (especially given the state of one of them…).